New research from Google and Ipsos MediaCT provides further evidence that the future belongs to mobile and the future of mobile is video.
- “people who view videos on their phones are 1.4X as likely to watch ads as those who view videos on desktop computers or televisions.“
- “Smartphone viewers are 1.6X as likely as TV viewers to turn to their peers in person and talk about the video content they’re watching.”
- “smartphone video viewers were nearly 2X as likely as TV viewers to feel a sense of personal connection to brands that show video content or ads on their devices and 1.3X as likely as desktop viewers.”
- “More than 50% of the smartphone video viewers we surveyed said they used video to help them make product decisions in stores or on company websites…” and
- “one in three shoppers actually prefers to use a smartphone to find additional information rather than ask a store employee for help….”
Video has an impact on our online behaviour and our in-person behaviour. So, if it hasn’t already, it’s time for marketers to adopt a new perspective on video.
Are you thinking about your mobile audience when you produce video? Are you producing video that works best on the smaller screen? Or are you still producing video with the desktop in mind?
The world is going mobile. Are you?