Third Tuesday, Canada’s social media meetups, will close out the 2007-8 with a great line-up of speakers at June events in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, New Brunswick and Ottawa.
- Third Tuesday Ottawa has Michael McDerment and Saul Colt talking about how Freshbooks has used social media to connect with their community of users.
- Third Tuesday Toronto has CBC Search Engine’s Jesse Brown talking about the ideas behind Search Engine, the power of the community, and the future of open source broadcasting.
- Third Tuesday New Brunswick has startupnorth ‘s Jevon MacDonald leading a discussion about how startups are using Social Media to promote their products and services.
- Third Tuesday Montreal has Stéphanie Lassonde from the Douglas Institute discussing how web 2.0 tools are used to promote the Institute’s clinical, research and public education activities.
- Third Tuesday Vancouver has Joe Solomon talking about how nonprofits and social change makers are using Web 2.0 tools to get the word out and inspire action.
If you are in or near Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Moncton or Ottawa, I hope that you will come out and join the discussion. You’ll meet some interesting people who are exploring the potential of social media to share, connect, build communities and organize collective action.
Finally, as we reach the end of this year’s Third Tuesday social media speakers series, I’d like to offer thanks to the people and organizations who brought this concept to communities across Canada:
- Thank you to our sponsors: our Third Tuesday national sponsor, CNW Group , as well as Third Tuesday Montreal sponsor, Massy Forget , and Third Tuesday New Brunswick sponsors, Radian6 , propelSJ , YourTeam Online and Evolving Solutions . These are the organizations and people who enable us to keep Third Tuesday a free event for the entire community.
- And finally, thank you to: Michelle Sullivan , Tanya Davis , Colin McKay , Brendan Hodgson , Ian Ketcheson, Michael O’Connor Clarke , Samantha Lovelace , Donna Papacosta , Lisa Rousseau , Dan Martell , Chris Nadeau , David Alston , Pierre Bouchard , Nicolas Cossette, Carmelle Dion, Mylène Forget , Mitch Joel, Isolde Legare, CT Moore , Marc Snyder, Aurélie Ponton , Monica Hamburg and Tod Maffin . Your work and community spirit has given us all the opportunity to become part of Canada’s social media community.