We’ve just had one of the best summers we’ve had in years, adding new clients every month through the summer. That’s not bragging. It’s just the background that explains why I’m writing this post. 76design is busy, busy, busy. And we are looking for a Senior Web Developer to join our team.
Here’s the job description from the 76design careers page.
SENIOR PHP WEB DEVELOPER
76design is looking for an experienced Web Developer to join our Team.
The winning candidate should be prepared to work in collaboration with other developers, graphic designers, marketers and public relations experts towards the development and implementation of industry leading solutions.
- Maintain visibility and respect in the online community
- Contribute to the development of the Studio’s culture and quality standards
STRATEGIC AND ANALYTICAL THINKING
- Understanding of fundamentals of new marketing and communications principles
- A solid understanding of informational architecture practices
- Gathering, reviewing and validating project requirements
SKILLS AND ASSETS
- Demonstrated experience with the following: Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP5
- Experience with a modern MVC web framework like Zend Framework, Java Spring, etc.
- Background in web API programming; do you prefer api.twitter to twitter.com? code.google to google.com?
- Polylingual programming beyond PHP considered an asset (Java, .Net, Ruby, etc)
- Comfortable with use and function of a variety of modern CMS: WordPress, Drupal;
- Direct experience with social media tools and platforms, such as WordPress, Google+, Twitter, etc.
- Work with tiered deployment environments.
- Experience with a version control system like SVN.
- Experience with automated deployment using tools like Phing, Ant considered an asset.
- University degree in computer science or software engineering
- Use of OO and design patterns
- Working knowledge of web standards, SEO and accessibility
- Agency experience an asset
- A relentless and visible passion for and participation social and community engagement
- Experience and confidence presenting to clients
- Unix system maintenance, shell scripting
- Apache web server configuration, virtual host management
SUPER BONUS POINTS
- Experience with Microsoft SilverStripe CMS
- Experience with modern ORM such as Doctrine
- Knowledge of Apache Software Foundation Projects: Lucene / Mahout
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
Go by foot, by bike, by skates, by bus or by car. Our centrally-located office spaces in downtown Toronto and Ottawa are easy to get to.
SOMETHING IS ALWAYS BREWING
You’ll never wonder how long that pot of coffee has been sitting there. Our Starbucks coffee machine grinds fresh beans for every cup, and it makes a tasty cup of cocoa.
At TF & 76, TGIF starts first thing in the morning with breakfast treats, the team then caps off the week by kicking back with a few drinks in office. Frequently, this spills over into one of the many nearby watering holes.
We’re an agency of talented, passionate, creative individuals. We want to create amazing work and solve our client’s problems in the coolest ways possible. This means we’re looking for people who are also talented, creative and passionate about the things they do. We’re looking for people who inspire and make us better.
Is this you?
If so, please contact Laura [at] 76design.ca to let her know that you’re interested in joining us.